Saturday, December 30, 2006


The year's quickly coming to an end. Hard to believe that I didn't have to work this entire year (retirement is wonderful). It's flown by at the speed of sound. I've had such a wonderful time creating my drawings, jewelry, and other creations. I can't imagine ever tiring of creating, so I'll have lots to keep me occupied for the next 40 or 50 years. I'm going to live to be really old. :-)

The big excitement last week was the sale of another vehicle! The 1994 Isuzu Trooper we owned had been sitting in the driveway, mostly undriven, for the past year. One more shot at listing a vehicle on eBay, and what do you know!?!? It sold. Yahoooooo. The buyer was from Texas, so he flew into town to pick up the vehicle, arriving on Christmas Eve. He had a long drive back home, almost 17 hours, but an email confirmed that he made it safely. The bare spot in the driveway still shocks us a bit, but it certainly is nice to have that vehicle out of here.

Reading... Recently finished Stephen King's new book, Lisey's Story. It was pretty good. Like Misery, it made me feel as if he was including autobiographical tidbits within the story. I also just finished reading Scott Smith's The Ruins. He wrote A Simple Plan, which I really enjoyed, so I had to have this one. His books are really page turners.

No new drawings for awhile now. I'll have to get out my pens and paper and start drawing. It's been busy around here: going out to eat, visiting friends and relatives, having friends and relatives visiting us. One more event, later this afternoon, and then things'll be back to normal and I can draw again. I also want to play around with the watercolors more. I'm really frustrated at not being able to capture a good scan or photo of the watercolors I've done already. Maybe I'll try photographiing them outside today -- natural light seems to help sometimes.

The latest creations? Magnets. Glass magnets, to be exact. Some small ones (3/4" diameter) and some larger ones (1-1/4" diameter). They're such fun to make, if a bit stinky. I'd like to find a different adhesive to adhere the images to the glass. Although the E-6000 works really well, it sure smells bad!

I've already sold a few of these on Etsy. The most recent sale was to someone in England, so my little magnets are gaining international attention! :-)

No comments: