Thursday, August 23, 2007



The Etsy BeadWeavers Street Team, at the suggestion of Dawn Chastain, decided to begin doing monthly themed challenges. I was tagged to choose the theme for this month (probably because I was babbling away with suggestions as to how to do the challenges), and I chose Hot August Nights with no thought whatsoever of what I'd create to meet the challenge. I wasn't even sure at the point I selected that theme that I'd be able to make anything!

I had a sudden inspiration, though, probably as a result of looking at all the scenery between Tennessee/North Carolina and Illinois as we headed home from our property hunt. I created this tall, skinny pendant to look like a little landscape -- complete with grasses at the bottom, a pinkish sky across the horizon, and a dark blue sky filled with stars and the moon at the top. I'm really happy with it!

No comments: