Friday, December 14, 2007

It's Etsy Friday in mid-December, and there seems to be a good amount of Christmas shopping underway. I was busy this week doing quite a few custom orders for cards, tags, and stickers. It appears that a lot of people are going to be getting Captioned Critters in their stockings.

Wendy, who runs several Etsy shops (WandRDesign, WandRWeddings, and beadsupplies), created this vintage-style ring in ivory and pale blue on an antiqued copper setting. Such a pretty little garden! I found this in her Design shop, but there are other wonderful goodies in the other two shops as well.


Mindy (aka TimsSally) has an art style that can only be described as cute and quirky. There are so many paintings, prints, and other goodies in her shop that it was hard to choose; but I settled on this 3" magnet, called Candycane Dreams, as a favorite. Maybe I'll have a dream like that sometime...

Another artist of absolutely adorable little people and creatures is Laurie (aka
OUOU). Laurie's creations are such fun, with the bold colors and very stylized artwork! I love this little Jingle Bells notecard set!

Maria (aka Morrgan) is probably busy staying warm, as she lives in Finland. Somehow Finland in December just sounds cold! Maria creates critters from yarn, though, so maybe that helps her stay warm. Francis the Raven looks quite toasty, doesn't he?

Riley (aka artofSophistry) has a shop filled with intriguing images, some made with cameras and some made with pencils, pens, and charcoal. As much as I was drawn to the cyanotypes, this lightbulb green just about jumped off the screen at me! What amazing color!!

Isabella (aka RavensCuriosities) visited me again for some raven notecards (go figure) -- I love raven images, so I have lots of them in my shop. Isabella's shop is full of beautiful lampwork beads, and she's even offering free shipping on everything in her shop for the month of December! This piece, called Angie's Dream, truly is a dream, don't you think?

Alyson (aka TheYoYo) is another wonderful repeat customer. I'm so happy when these talented Etsyians enjoy my creations so much that they come back for more! Alyson's wishing for more hours in the day so she can get more spinning done (and I'm sure her customers would love for her to find those hours, too!). She has just one skein of beautiful See Foam Art Yarn in her shop, but you might be able to talk her into creating some more for you if you're really nice.

Christa (aka Luvsya) creates banners! Apparently she comes from an artistic family, because she came to my shop for glass marble magnets to hold up her childrens' artwork. Need a banner for your shop? Check this out!

Harmony is another ambitious Etsyian with two shops -- HarmonyMetals, where she lists her beautiful metalwork jewelry; and FigurativeHarmony, where she lists her colorful artwork. Wow! She's also offering a 10% discount! Use it to buy this beautiful watercast ring.

Hanna (aka aworldinvented) creates with glue, paint, and fabric (at least that's what she says in her shop announcement). Obviously she uses more than just those three things to create these whimsical treasure boxes. I don't think you'd even need to put treasure IN the box because there's so much on the outside!

I'm sooooo jealous of Jess (aka libellus) because she lives in Cincinnati and gets to eat Skyline Chili whenever she wants! I'd just about kill for a 3-way right now. I might just have to order some for myself... Anyway, Jess creates books (libellus means 'little book'). She only has couple left in her shop, but the description on this football player one is a hoot. Go read it! And then buy the book.

Helen (aka SecretLentil) has one of the best shop introductions I've seen in a long while. The titles she gives her clothes are worth the read, and the clothes live up to her descriptions. She only has two items left in her shop right now... I chose this Lush Life reconstructed skirt because I like black!





Crystal (aka polyartgirl) has wonderfully fun yarns in her shop. While I always look carefully at the shops of my customers to choose my favorite, this chocolate silk yarn is so luscious looking I can hardly believe it's yarn - it looks good enough to eat! Crystal is offering $.99 shipping and free gift wrap this holiday season, too. That's a great deal!

Sabella (aka bravegrrl) creates "upcycled/recycled/deconstructed enviornmentally minded creations." What could be better than that?! Need a big hobo bag to carry all your goodies home from the store? Put down those plastic and paper bags and grab this one!


And last but not least is Leigh (aka viviantaggert). She just ordered from me today, and I haven't even thanked her yet! Well, I guess this is part of the thanks. Anyway, Leigh takes vintage buttons and adds some beads and other components and turns out unique jewelry creations. I love that they're so unusual, like this Super Cool Blue Necklace. She gives those buttons a whole new life!

And the last thing I have to say on Etsy Friday (and yes, it's still Friday, even though it seems like I've been typing this post forever) is that one of my Captioned Critters is featured in the Storque!!! Woo hoo!!! Of course, it's not quite the same as being featured because I have such an awesome, super neato cool creation, but it was nice that Vanessa though enough of my Pondering Purple Platypus to have him be the spokes-critter about billing.

I have lots of other critters in my shop, so if you're looking for that last-minute stocking stuffer, check 'em out. I love making these little guys.

Happy Etsy Friday, and thanks again to all my wonderful customers!!!

No comments: