Darn. I have bad knees (too many years of sports) and Carol Dean (SandFibers) caught me and tagged me. :-) So I'm supposed to share seven facts about myself, some random and some weird. I've given this very little thought, so bear with me.
1. I like to wear silly pants. The sillier the better. Not necessarily out in public, but when I'm at home I always have them on. Wal-Mart has a wonderful selection of comfy knit pants (they're in the men's section, but I have long legs and wear lots of men's pants), so I have Sponge Bob, Snoopy, Mr. Potato Head, Pac Man, Scooby Doo, Bullwinkle, and a few others.
2. I type very fast. Actually, I do quite a lot of things fast. The fastest speed, when I was timed (for a job), was 128 words per minute. I also read fast. At one time I could read 1200 words per minute. I'm sure I've slowed down, but I still go through books really quickly. I'm a little obsessed with speed.
3. My favorite thing to drink is milk. It's been my favorite drink since I was little. My second favorite is latte (I have at least two of them a day). Since my husband also likes to drink milk and latte, we go through 6-8 gallons of milk a week between the two of us.
4. My nose has been broken twice. The first time was when I was in high school and was punched in the nose by a fellow student. He had epilepsy, and while I was trying to hold him down during a really bad seizure, he hit me in the nose. The second broken nose was from getting hit with a softball.
5. I love to sing. I used to sing in choir, and at one point I was a voice major. Now I only sing in the car when I'm alone, to my favorite CDs, and usually at the top of my lungs. No one can see me in there, right?
6. My favorite book of all time is Atlas Shrugged, by Ayn Rand. That's saying a lot, considering how many books I've read (I currently own more than 3000 books - my husband thinks I should open a library).
7. I've smoked exactly one cigarette in my life. I was four years old. My Mom used to sit at the table and smoke a cigarette while she had a cup of coffee. I thought it was so neat, and I tried to sneak one from her. She caught me and, since she didn't want me to take up a bad habit (she eventually quit a two-pack a day habit herself), she hunted down the oldest, stalest unfiltered Camel she could find and made me smoke the whole thing. Blech. Ptooey. She gave me a really strong cup of coffee to go with it, and it was years before I could bring myself to drink coffee.
Okay, now that's done.
The rules for tagging are:
1. Link to your tagger and list these rules on your blog.
2. Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.
3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blog.
4. Let them know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
Here are the cyberfriends I'm tagging:
1. Anna, of A Rose By Name.
2. Smadar, of Smadar's Treasure.
3. Kim, of Regal Beads.
4. Heidi, of Health Nut Wannabee Mom.
5. Ixela, of Ixela Thoughts.
6. Melody, of Salamander House.
7. Dawn, of Colorful Everyday.
Now I'm off to tag them! (I hope they don't run too fast.)