Sunday, June 26, 2011

Ready, Set, Crochet!

I don't post very many pictures of work in progress. It's not because I don't want to share. It's because I'm usually so anxious to actually get started creating that it doesn't even occur to me to pick up the camera and take in-progress shots.

Well, this time I thought of it. And I thought I'd share the next bead crochet rope that will come off my crochet hook... Color at Play II. It's called "II" because I already made one of these; and it was so much fun that I decided to make another one!

This is how bead crochet begins - String lots and lots of beads. In this case, there are about 25' of size 8/0 Czech glass beads strung onto the spool of thread. Then start crocheting. Crochet for a few hours, and you'll wind up with a rope. Easy peasy. And fun. :-)



** A note to those who've tried and given up on bead crochet. DON'T GIVE UP! It can be challenging to start, but it's great fun once you get the hang of it.

5 comments:

Doreen said...

This picture is sooooo great! It makes me want to do bead crochet again! Here's a link to the one I made a few years ago. You can just string colorful charms along with your colorful beads. These are so much fun to make! Now, where's my crochet hook??

http://www.flickr.com/photos/doreensbeads/2859996327/in/photostream

:-) MaryLou said...

Doreen - That's so cool! Now I want to do something like that!! Maybe next time I start stringing... I have all sorts of cool beads and things I could add to a rope. :-)

Mandi said...

I love it! I wish I had the patience for something like this! "Color at play" the original, is just beautiful! :D

Bonnie Kreger at B-LEE KREATIONS said...

Hey MaryLou, that's cool. Love the colors. Did Doreen add the hanging beads after she made her bracelet or while she was crocheting?

Doreen said...

I'm glad you like it MaryLou! Bonnie, I added the hanging beads as I was stringing my seed beads. Then just crocheted them in. It's one of my favorite bangles. The colors go really well with my regular attire...jeans.