Sunday, March 11, 2007

I've been beading again! It seems like forever since I've sat down with my massive stash of beads and created anything, but now that I've started again I'm having such a great time. I'm always drawn to seed beads, so the creations so far use hundreds (thousands?) of these tiny wonders. I love all the patterns that can be created by weaving them together.

Here are two of the most recent projects, a Raspberry Wave bracelet that uses some of the prettiest magenta/purple beads I've seen. I mixed those with some iridescent lined beads that have a really pale lavendar tint and put everything together in an abstract pattern.

The other project uses matte gold seed beads and shiny silver bugle beads for a really strange and interesting cuff. I even found some great buttons that perfectly matched the gold beads to use for closures.

Both are listed in my Etsy shop:
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=5527588
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=5533228

3 comments:

Jenn Maruska said...

Oh - the Raspberry Wave is beautiful! : )

:-) MaryLou said...

Thanks! I've been saving those beads for something special, and I'm very happy with the way this turned out.

:-) MaryLou said...
This comment has been removed by the author.