Monday, November 16, 2009

More New Beady Things

Yes, another full week has passed. More than a week, actually. I don't think I'm getting my full allotment of 24 hour days. Some of them are going somewhere else.

I'm still catching up on my beadweaving. That month of absence while we moved really affected me, it seems. I have so many ideas for new designs, and I'm beading like crazy. I have a little pile of finished pieces waiting to have their pictures taken, but this new house isn't conducive to picture taking. I'll admit to having been spoiled with a big north-facing window in our previous house. It was great for taking photos, as long as I scheduled picture-taking time for early to mid afternoon. This house is different, though. Even though there are some north-facing windows, the house is surrounded by trees, so there's not that much light coming in the windows. So I've finally broken down and ordered a photo light box. I know I could make one with a cardboard box and some tissue paper, and I have plenty of lights around, but I'm fessing up to being lazy. I checked out several online sites, but I wound up finding a setup on eBay. It should be on its way this week, and I'm anxious to try it out.

I have managed to take photos of a few of the new pieces I've created, including one brand spanking new design (Concentric), which will eventually be listed in my shop as a pattern. It's a really cool design, even if I do say so myself. Of course, I think I'm partial to it because it kind of mimics some of the artwork I create.

The picture to the left is a portion of a drawing I did a few years ago. Lots and lots of spirals. Yes, I know that's not the same thing as concentric shapes, but I don't have a picture of one of my concentric drawings. You get the idea, though. The spirals in this drawing are round and square (square spirals?), and they're tiny. Each one of those little shapes is about 1/4" in diameter. I draw tiny stuff.

Here's the peyote bracelet I created, called (surprise surprise) Concentric!


More recent creations include a new version of my Faux Bois design, this time named
Bois Brûlé (French for "burned wood"). Faux Bois is one of the designs I've published as a pattern (available in my Etsy shop), and the idea for the burned wood version of it came to me while I was working on the pattern.


Here are some more new pieces I've created recently:



While I'm not busy beadweaving, I'm working on getting more patterns ready to be published and listed. I have requests for a few of my designs: Windowleaf, Piano Man, and Completely Puzzled are at the top of the list. Eventually I'll work my way through all of them - at least that's my goal!

In the meantime, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that my photo light box shows up quickly!

One last thing before I wrap up this post and head back to my beads... Have you checked out the Bead Art Originals Items of the Week this week? There are some wonderful pieces being offered, all with special deals by our members. My offering this week is Lilavati:


Lilavati features a gorgeous clay and glass cabochon made by the talented Kristie Roeder (aka artisanclay), and I'm offering a 10% discount off the regular price if it's purchased/paid for by midnight on November 19. Just mention "BAO" in the notes to seller, and Lilavati can be yours. :-)

Okay, back to beading. And looking out the window at the beautiful North Carolina scenery that surrounds me.

No comments: