Saturday, May 05, 2007

Custer Art Fair... It's looming. June 16 and 17. I hear the sound of the music from 'Jaws' in my head as the date gets closer and closer.

So I'm making lots of things to take to the art fair. Chicagoland envelopes with notecards. Magnet sets. Artwork. Jewelry. All kinds of fun things!

In addition to getting things ready to sell there, I have to figure out how I'm going to display them all! That's a project unto itself, as I don't have readymade jewelry displays, shelves, or much of anything. I'll have to scrounge around in the garage to come up with some creative ways of showing off everything I'm spending all this time making.

It's really nice that I'm going to be at the art fair with someone else. At least I'll have someone to talk to all day, although I hope we're both so busy selling our artwork that we don't have time for chatting! Laura's a hoot to talk to (that's Laura, who sells under the moniker 'artonthehoof'), so I'm really looking forward to the weekend.

tick tock tick tock tick tock...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You may want to check out Flickr. You could probably search for craft fair and find a ton of table displays. It will definitely help you get the creative juices flowing!