Friday, February 15, 2008

Hooray! There was no snow shoveling today!!! That's a nice break, although the weather forecasters are saying we'll get more on Sunday. Booo. This is NOT how a deck is supposed to look! I don't care if there is sunshine there on the corner. That's just not right.



I've still been beading away, although I haven't managed to come up with anything yet for the Etsy BeadWeavers current challenge, Stormy Weather. The winner of last month's challenge (Spring Break) has been announced in the EBW blog, so go check it out if you haven't seen all the entries.

It's Friday once again, and once again I'm posting an extra thanks here to the Etsy sellers who purchased from me during the past week.

SuAn (aka pearlsofalice) is a big fan of Alice in Wonderland. (I think that's pretty obvious from her shop name.) She ordered some of my Alice in Wonderland notecards and Valentines, and I can hardly wait to hear how she likes them. Those vintage Tenniel illustrations are so much fun. SuAn only has one listing in her shop right now, but it's a cool-looking set of stickers featuring the Mad Hatter's Tea Party. These aren't the Tenniel illustrations, but they're neat!
Carol Dean (aka SandFibers) visits my shop pretty regularly, but it's usually to check out and comment on my latest beadweaving. Carol Dean, you see, is an incredibly-talented beadweaver herself and co-moderator (with me) of the Etsy BeadWeavers Street Team. I was stunned when she purchased two of my photographs, and I'm so excited that some of my art will adorn her walls. Now I have a dilemma... choosing my favorite piece from Carol Dean's shop. This was TOUGH, and I'm still not sure this Modern Arrowhead Choker is my favorite, but it's fun, it's different, and it's beadwoven using the colors from her signature piece.

Kimberlee doesn't have an Etsy shop, but I just have to mention her here. She has an obvious affinity for ravens, and she's placed a second order for custom raven hang tags from me. Although she doesn't have an Etsy shop, she has some great vintage items in her shop, Edgar and Edgar. I'm not sure why exactly, but I really like this Vintage Candy Store Ribbon! Maybe I'm hungry...

Viki (aka MISSVIKI) has an Etsy shop that's filled with lots of vintage things and jewelry. It wasn't hard at all for me to settle on a favorite, though. I know it's weird, but I really like jesters and mimes (just check out my Etsy shop banner and avatar!), so this Mardi Gras Necklace just called out to me.

Keep your fingers crossed for me! NO MORE SNOW!!!

1 comment:

Carol Dean Sharpe said...

MaryLou, you rock! Thanks for the plug :D I look forward to my new wall art! Carol Dean