Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Beadwork Magazine, by Interweave Press, is one of my favorite beading publications, and now I think I like them even more. I don't typically enter contests for beadweaving. It's not for lack of ideas, but I just never quite get around to working on those projects because I'm doing so many other things.

The magazine is having a new competition, though, and I just know I'm going to have to enter something in this one! Why?

It's about books!!! I have thousands of books. Seriously. I know this because I'm currently logging them all into a spreadsheet (and for those of you who know me, spreadsheets are NOT a disease). I read every day, and I absolutely love love love books. I recently discovered, though a fellow Etsy person, a site called BookMooch that I've been frequenting so I can trade some of the books I don't want to keep in my collection for books I'd like to read and own.



This contest was announced in Beading Daily (if you're a beader or beadweaver and don't subscribe to Beading Daily, you really should!). As soon as I read it the ideas started swirling around in my head. The entry period is far enough in the future (August 1-December 18, 2008) that I'll have time to work on some of those ideas. The toughest part will be deciding exactly what to create.

In case you want to check it out for yourself, here are The Rules.

1 comment:

Melody Marie Murray said...

I saw that contest, and I'm in agreement with you, a perfect contest for people like us. :-)

I'm going to go check out BookMooch.

Another awesome site you could fall in love with is Goodreads.com. I'm on there (under the name Melody). It's fun, addictive and just what the bookworm needs.