Wednesday, May 07, 2008

The Etsy BeadWeavers Monthly Challenges are always fun, and although I had an idea for the May challenge, the Food Chain, I didn't get a chance to execute it. Several other of the members finished their pieces, though, so go check out the EBW blog and VOTE!!!

All I can say is that my idea involved these little green eyeballs, which I purchased from ValerieBeads. I wasn't really thinking of them for the challenge back when I bought them, but I just thought they were a hoot and had to have 'em!

I haven't given up on using my idea for these little beady eyes... the June EBW challenge is Anything Goes, so maybe you'll see these in another month or so.

Yesterday I posted one of my newest creations in my Etsy shop, a necklace/pendant I created using some beautiful iridescent beads and a gorgeous stone I found on the beach in Long Island. I have LOTS of stones left, and I can hardly wait to embellish more of them with beads and wire.


Now it's time to create (time2cre8, ha!) some more!

:-)

7 comments:

PinkPoochDesigns said...

I love thegreen eyeballs, can't wait to see what you do with them. Now you have to make something for the June challenge :O)

And your stone necklace is gorgeous!!!

retrothreads said...

Ah, the beauty of nature. I love the bead color you chose to go with your rock plus the tubular netting looks terrific. Haven't tried that technique yet.

beccieblossom said...

I just LOVE those green eyeball beads! I'm going to check out your link to Valeriebeads right now.

Theresa A Headhog said...

The green eyeballs are so cool, and your beadwork is wonderful! You make me look at stones in a completely new way :)

MyFairLadyVT4 said...

Ha, those eyeballs are fabulous.

zclan said...

the pendant is pretty.. and I love the eyeballs! haha

Jenny said...

Thanks for visiting me! Your eyeballs are a hoot!! lol!!