Thursday, February 25, 2010

New Peyote Cuff Design #8

Wow. #8. I can hardly believe it.

I had a few designs in the works, and I was actually trying to do some sort of fish design for February. Something fitting for a Pisces. I fiddled with a couple of ideas, but they just weren't working out right. And then I started playing around and wound up with this new design, which I've named Staccato.


The colors for this version were inspired by the upcoming Bead Art Originals color mosaic. An uber-talented polymer clay artist on our team, Dee Wilder (Malodora), chose green and silver for the mosaic; and I can hardly wait to see how it's going to look when all the participants' pieces are together.

I've already beaded another version of Staccato, but I'm not going to post pictures of it just yet. Not because I'm keeping it a secret or anything... I just haven't gotten good pictures yet. So it will have to wait.

I did list one other thing in my Etsy shop today, another one of my funky chunky fringe bead clusters. I named this one Tumblewood
because I used some fun little triangular shaped wooden beads for the fringes. Isn't this fun?


If you're looking for peyote patterns, my 3-for-2 pattern sale is still going on through the end of February... And just in case I have a design in my shop that you really really like, but I don't have the pattern listed yet, you can let me know. I'm working on getting all my designs turned into patterns (hard to believe I had so many of them), and I'll be glad to move one up the list.

And now it's time for a little beadweaving (I'm working on a new freeform piece) and watch a little hulu.

Happy Thursday!

No comments: