Thursday, February 04, 2010

Peyote Love

I'm still managing to keep up with my 2010 New Year's Resolution to create a new peyote design every week. Although it's probably going to become a challenge as weeks go by, for now I'm having a really good time working on new designs.

The newest design, just listed in my Etsy shop yesterday, is Radiating Hearts. Modern, simple, and fun, I'm already envisioning this design done with more colors... perhaps varying tones of red and pink, going from light to dark. Or perhaps in all different colors. I'm working on getting the pattern for this one ready to publish, too, so be on the lookout.


I'm always amazed at how changing colors in a design can completely change the look of it. Last weeks' new design (Fanciful), for example, was initially shown off in shades of yellow and gray; but just look at how this version looks in black, white, fuchsia, and aqua:


The pattern for Fanciful is available in my Etsy shop. Click here if you're interested in creating your own version!

I'm working on a very special blog post for tomorrow... coming up on 5000 sales in my Etsy shop (woo hoo!), and I'm trying to figure out just how to celebrate. Any ideas? I'm thinking some kind of giveaway... :-)

No comments: