Friday, April 23, 2010

Fabulous Friday Finds for April 23

It's been a busy week here. We've spent several hours traipsing around on our property looking for the survey stakes that were placed there years ago. With the help of a neighbor and a weed whacker, we finally managed to find them. It seems a small thing, but we're finally able to begin the process of building our house! Hooray!!!

I still managed to spend some time tracking down some more Fabulous Friday Finds, though. Once again, these are from all over the place, so have fun checking them out for yourself. I hope you enjoy them.

The first Fabulous Friday Find for this week is one of the coolest things I've seen, a circular walking bookshelf! I'm a bit of a bibliophile, so I tend to like all things books.

And I really really like this.

In fact, I'd love to have one of these and just be able to walk around a giant room on it. It'd be good exercise, right? Of course, I'd need a bunch of them to house the 3000+ books I have...

My husband's a carpenter. Maybe I can talk him into building me one. Ha. He's going to be very busy with that house, though, so this would have to be a way-in-the-future project.

I wasn't able to find where this one could be purchased, or even if it's for sale. If anyone finds it and can share a link, please do!




If you've seen any other of my Fabulous Friday Finds posts, you know that I love silly stuff. Whimsical stuff. Especially stuff with funny feet and legs. I'm not sure why. But I do.

So when I came across the ceramic art of Mary Judy, I fell in love.

And how could you NOT fall in love with this serving dish!?! Polka dots. Wiggly skinny legs. With STRIPES?!?!

I need one of these.

Or several.

Visit her Etsy or her Artfire shop to see more. There's even a clock with silly legs. How cool is that?!



I spend a lot of time on Facebook, and one of my favorite places to visit is the Daily Art Muse. There are always interesting pieces posted on there, things I might not otherwise see or find on my own.

That was the case with my third Fabulous Friday Find: seeds.

These are the creations of a sculptural fiber artist named Jodi Colella, and they're wonderful! The seeds are my favorites, although there are lots of other beautiful pieces on her website.



Continuing in the whimsical vein, there's an artist on Etsy whose work I've admired for some time: Jessica Doyle.

There's something about the linework here... wiggy and free, but at the same time with so much detail that it brings these pieces to life.

One of my favorite pieces is this Whimsical Windmill.

It looks like a structure and a flower all at the same time.

I've done lots of drawing, but I never managed to do anything this "free". I also love her use of watercolors, something else I never quite mastered.

If you'd like to see more of her work and her process, visit her blog. You can get a glimpse of some of her works in progress for an upcoming show. And even though the works in progress are small (ACEO sized, which is 2.5" x 3.5"), it's a LOT of work!

Too bad this windmill isn't real... I'd like to have one of these in my yard. :-)



You'd think that with as many beads as I have (containers and containers full), I wouldn't need more. Well, I don't NEED more. But I really like the look of these recycled glass beads. The etched finish, that brilliant shade of cobalt blue. I might just have to order these...

So my last Fabulous Friday Find for this week is the source for these luscious bits of glass: Rings & Things

Rings & Things has all sorts of beady goodness on their site: beads, findings, Swarovski crystals, and even books to show you how to put it all together. They do have a minimum order requirement of $25, but I think their prices are good. Just don't order the last of these blue beads! I think I need them. :-)

Okay, that's it for this week's finds! I hope you enjoy them.

1 comment:

AWJ said...

Love that bowl! Hate to say this, but very Tim Burton-ish. Hmm, not so sure about that bookcase. Really cool-looking, but all I can imagine is getting into it to walk, and having every single one of the books fall out!