Friday, May 28, 2010

Fabulous Friday Finds for May 28

Friday again. Another week that went by in a flash. As you can tell from my other posts this week, I was busy working on some bead crochet pieces. I'm not sure it's completely out of my system yet, so you may see more pieces over the next week or so.

I did find a few goodies for today's Fabulous Friday Finds post.

The first Fabulous Friday Find is the creation of a ceramist named Madeleine Hall-Arber.

This adorable jester pot is in Madeleine's Etsy shop, madmud. I have a particular affinity for jesters and mimes. I'm not sure why, but I seem to be drawn to them; and this guy has such a wonderful personality. Can't you just see it in his little face? I think what cracks me up most about this piece is the way he's perched on the edge of the pot.

The jester almost didn't make it here because there's another of Madeleine's creations that really wanted to be shown here... Ready for the plunge is a piece that made me laugh out loud.


The second Fabulous Friday Find is another bit of whimsy. This folk art painting by Regan Tausch is just adorable!

My grandfather was a horse trainer, and I inherited a love of horses from him. I think he would have enjoyed this folk art painting of a dappled gray mare and her foal.

You can find more of Regan's art in her Etsy shop, artbyregant. Lots more horses, all of them adorable. The appaloosa is wonderful. And there are houses, boats, angels, and all sorts of other whimsical paintings to be found.

Neigh!


Fabulous Friday Find #3 is another painting, but of a completely different sort.

Spice is the creation of an artist named Anna Olszowka Khosravi (don't ask me how to pronounce that!), and her work can be found on her website, WoodenPottery.

I chose to show Spice here because I really like the combination of oranges and purples together. Although the pieces are made up of horizontal lines, they're not so regular as to be completely geometric, and that makes them fun.

Make sure to check out her watercolor paintings, too. The one called Butterfly is my favorite.

















Since I spend a significant amount of my time playing with beads, it should come as no surprise that I spend a significant amount of time LOOKING at beads.

I had gone on one of my fairly regular searches for lampwork beads and found this Sinister bead by Janel Dudley.

I've had Janel's shop, JanelDudleyBeads, in my favorites on Etsy for a long time, but I think this might be my favorite of her beads. I have no idea what I'd do with it. Maybe just put it on a shelf and look at it. It's like a tiny sculpture, don't you think?








The last Fabulous Friday Find for this week is something a little out of the ordinary.

Brooms.

Specifically, a turkey wing broom, made by Samantha Pritchard. Her Etsy shop is aptly named BROOMCHICK.

Now, I'm no fan of cleaning (yuck), but if you have to clean your house anyway, you should have a fun broom to use.

I have a few handmade brooms I've purchased over the years at the Renaissance Faire in Bristol, Wisconsin. But now that I don't live close to Bristol, I'm happy to see that I can add to my broom collection. We're building a new house, and I know I'm going to need more brooms!

That's it for this week's Fabulous Friday Finds. Once again, I hope you enjoy them. Happy Friday, and have a wonderful holiday weekend! Remember our soldiers!!

4 comments:

storybeader said...

love the installation piece, Spice! and the turkey wing brooms! They would be great to hang (and not use!) {:-D

TinaA said...

I love the horses painting!

Mary T Designs said...

I love the bead by Janel Dudley. It is one that could be a wonderful focal for an interesting piece! Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! I just saw this! Thank you for the feature and such kind words!