Friday, January 08, 2010

Baby, It's Cold Outside

Our future neighbors are blaming us for bringing all the cold and snow from Illinois down here to the Smoky Mountains. It's not our fault! Honest!!

It is cold, though, and it has been for about a month now. Maybe that's what's inspired me to create so many pieces that look icy. Or maybe it's just because I like the metallic delicas so much, but I just keep going back to these beads. (In fact, I'm going to have to order more of them soon!)

I guess it's fitting that my Bead Art Originals item of the week for this week is my Ice and Steel cuff. Purchase and pay for this cuff before midnight on January 14 and receive free shipping on your entire order PLUS a 10% coupon good on your next purchase - just by mentioning "BAO" in the Notes to Seller.

And for those of you who are beadweavers yourselves, if you want to create your own version of this particular design, you can purchase the pattern! It's the same as my Fruit Cocktail cuff, just showing what a difference it makes to choose different colors. (In fact, I have 17 patterns listed now, and I'm working getting more of them ready.)

Continuing the theme of ice and steel, although I didn't really intend it to be a "theme", I just listed two new pieces that share this same icy look:

Galactica
(an ndebele rope, 48" long, that can be worn as a necklace or as a bracelet!)




Now I'm off to play with some beads. I think I'll try some WARM colors now -- maybe that'll help with the weather.
:-)

No comments: