Sunday, November 18, 2007


I think I'm just going to have to send all my stuff to Aija to have it photographed. She manages to get the best pictures of the mini envelopes I send her, and then she writes the nicest blog posts about what I send to her! I'm always on the lookout for quirky and interesting books to use for her envelopes. So far I think the Asterix ones were the best, but the last batch, made from a childrens' dictionary and from an old Mother Goose book, were also fun.

I actually wish I'd kept track of just how many of those little envelopes I've made over the past year or so. There were hundreds of map envelopes, more from graphics catalogs, shorthand books, catalogs and magazines, and thousands made from scrapbooking paper of every color and pattern imaginable. Whew!

It's kind of like working on a production line... cut the paper to size, trace the envelope pattern, cut 'em out, fold 'em, and then glue 'em. Sometimes I'll do two or three hundred in one "sitting" because it's just easier that way. Mindless. My husband doesn't much like the sound of the scissors, though... if only I could figure out a way to make them silently.

1 comment:

aija said...

It's funny, I kept looking at them and seeing them too blue-- I think my camera sees white and thinks everything needs to be blue instead :)

I really like them; and I used one of the "zero" tags today too :)