Saturday, November 10, 2007

I'd never heard of Holt Howard (even though there's always a large collection of his work on eBay) until a friend of mine sent me a bracelet made with some porcelain (?) discs created back in 1959. Apparently his work is quite popular as there's a price guide for his collectibles! The bracelet was initially assembled with large jumprings joining the discs, but she wanted something different. I thought about it for awhile, staring at these fun little Santa images, and then I decided that they needed to be showcased against a red background.

The result? This beadwoven bracelet. It's bright red seed beads with a border of gold colored matte seed beads, woven in double drop peyote. The Santa discs are attached with little beaded loops, and the bracelet closes with a loop and toggle. I'm pretty happy with it, and now it's off to my friend. I hope she loves it!

No comments: