Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Bead crochet... It's so much fun to do, but it seems that every time I'm working on one thing, I'm thinking about another pattern I can create. Today I spent awhile making multi-colored ropes -- really long ones -- out of size 11 beads. Lots and lots and lots of beads. For a rope that's 68 inches long (since that's the length of one that was finished today), there are 48 beads per inch. 48x68=3264 See? Told you it was a lot!

So here I am crocheting away with those 3000+ beads, and what I'm thinking is how cool it would be to have a Halloween-colored rope or necklace or something. Having the attention span of a gnat, I immediately stopped crocheting to go look through my bead supplies (tens of pounds of beads!) to see if I have just the right shade of orange. Now I just have to determine whether it will be a random design or something with a pattern. Hmmmmm....

There's a new addition to Dooley's family, also. One of my eBay friends, pinkparismatch, mentioned that she has a six-year-old daughter who's about to lose her front teeth. So Dooley now has a cousin named Mackenzie. Pink hasn't even seen the picture yet! It'll be a surprise when I post it in the group. :-)

Okay. Enough babble for today. I'm in the middle of a project!

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Hey Mary Lou! One of my favorite outgoing artists! Wow - crocheting with beads - way cool!

So great to visit your blog regularly and see what you're up to. Glad to see you've visited mine too! You'll be in my links section soon... as soon as I create one :-)

~Melanie