Saturday, September 09, 2006


Today's drawing... Old Crow.

Now I'm not really old, although I am old enough to have retired from working in the corporate world. It's been almost a year now since I left the company where I had worked for 26+ years. I haven't missed a day of it!

My days are now consumed with creating all sorts of things, which is something I've always wanted to be able to do. The problem now is that the days are still only 24 hours long, and there's only so much I can do in a single span. I keep a notepad with me all the time so I can record all the ideas that flit through my brain. I've always loved making things, all kinds of things, and I have so many ideas that I can't possibly hope to complete them all. It's fun trying, though! :-)

Today's drawing seemed like it needed to be immortalized in a poem:
Some days I look in the mirror,
and I don't like what I see.
Some days I look in the mirror,
and I think, "That can't be me!

Why, that person's old and has wrinkles!
And crows' feet right next to her eyes!"
But then I remember that wrinkles denote
a person both aged AND wise.

I've learned a lot in my time on the earth,
and I've had a really good life.
I've never been a mother,
but I sure love being a wife.

I count my blessings every day,
and I just want you to know
that I really don't mind getting older,
but please don't call me a crow.

eBay Link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=008&item=180026919830

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi MaryLou!

I'm glad I found your blog! It's a bright spot in the Internet void, and I'm not just talking about the colors you use. :) Your personality really comes through here and the entire site is done well. Keep blogging!

I.

:-) MaryLou said...

Thanks, Ivan! I spent a time looking at your site and at your blog. Nicely done, both of 'em!

And I added a link to your blog in my list of artists.