Monday, September 04, 2006


Today began with designing buttons. Lots and lots of 1" pinback buttons. I just kept having ideas for them and running back to the computer to make them. Some wound up being too complicated or detailed to fit onto a 1" button, but I'll eventually figure out something to do with those ideas....

I also wanted to clear out some of my fabric supplies; and in the process of doing that, I discovered that I have yards and yards of fleece. As I sat there staring at all the pieces, many of which aren't large enough to make into pants or a top, I decided I could make some funky hats!

And, having the attention span of a gnat, I immediately stopped whatever it was I was working on at the time to whip up a couple of hats. They turned out pretty cool, even if I do say so myself. Now I'll know what to do with all that excess fabric. I hate to let anything go to waste. Now I have an idea for incorporating beads into my fleece hat designs... :-)

There will probably be more hats tomorrow. There's lots more fleece. I have to resist the urge to go out and buy more. And there'll be more buttons tomorrow. And maybe some beading. Probably some drawing. I really should list some more things on eBay...

Today's entertainment: Aquamarine
Not the greatest movie in the world, but somewhat entertaining. Geared more toward the 14-year-old audience, I think.

Today's food: Homemade salsa with nachos for lunch. Yum!

No comments: